Being the MAID OF HONOUR can be a Hefty task so much lies on your shoulders for you besties special day. Glencairn Weddings gives you some insight on how to make the BEST Maid Of Honour EVER
Heres your CHECK LIST:
Before the Wedding:
- Listen to the bride to ensure that you have a good understanding of what she needs and wants from you during her wedding planning adventure. Be supportive and cooperative; this is her big day not yours.
- Offer to help with tasks (Admin! But your day will come when she repays you)
- Make sure guests know what to get her as gifts.
- Host or co-host the bridal showers, while always keeping the bridesmaids involved in the process (you are Queen Bee, but be a nice one.)
- Be at all of the pre-wedding get-togethers.
- Go shopping with the Bride for all her wedding things from Wedding dress to nail polish choice.
- Ensure that the bridesmaids are kept informed (about dress fittings, rehearsals, get-togethers, hair, make-up, etc…) and that everyone is there on time.
On the day:
- Be vigilant about the schedule so that the bride doesn’t need to worry about the time or punctuality.
- Help the bride to get dressed, hold her train before and after the ceremony, and down the aisle.
- Hold the groom’s ring during the ceremony and the bride’s bouquet during the vows.
- At the reception, be a host. Show the guests where to go, refresh drinks, ask them to sign the guest book, and so on.
- If gift envelopes are left at the gift table, collect them and put them in a safe place.
- Ensure that the bride eats and drinks something during the reception.
- Dance with the best man for the first formal dance.
- You may be asked to give a toast after the best man.
The most important job of the Maid Of Honour is to be a support to your bestie. Be ready with tissues, a hug and a big smile during the planning process and on her most special of days.
Happy wedding planning!
Love the Glencairn Weddings Team
Follow us on our social platforms So you don’t miss out on anymore wedding tips.
Facebook: Glencairn Weddings
#KZNWeddings, #KZNweddingvenues #weddings #drakensberg #berg #underbergweddings #underberg #weddingvenue #rusticweddings #farmweddings #farmstyleweddings #glencairnweddings #southafrica #kzn #southafricanwedding #himeville #sanipass #sanipassroad #farmliving #farmstyle #glencairnweddings #glencairnfarm #MyGlencairnWedding #Kznweddings #kznweddingvenue